This steampunk digital doll pattern will let you sew a First Mate Vest for your 18 inch doll.
Flamboyant adventurers, sailing the airways in their steam and wind powered ships. Good-hearted rogues, roving the world in search of daring adventure and fantastic riches. These are the Steampunk Pirates.
This steampunk digital pattern will let you sew a First Mate Vest for your 18 inch doll. Designed to fit American Girl® and Our Generation® dolls, this shirt coordinates with other KeLibu Steampunk Pirate patterns.
Not into Steampunk? That’s ok. This vest pattern works equally well for traditional pirate outfits. You can even give it a modern twist for a whole new look!
Looking for more Steampunk Pirate patterns? Check out these coordinating patterns:
- ¼ yard/metre of light to mid-weight faux suede, cotton, silk, polyester or blends
- Sharp/universal needle
- Matching thread
- Embellishments (optional) – Ribbon, brads, buttons, jump or split rings, lightweight vinyl/leather, charms
Note: if you would like to make your vest with the same embellishments as those shown in this pattern, you will need the following:
For Vest with Ribbons & Brads:
- 35 inches of 5/8 inch wide ribbon
- 10 ‘regular’ sized brads – around 3/8 inch wide
- Pattern markings on First Mate Vest B pattern pieces (can also be used if you are making A sized vest)
For Vest with Ribbons & Split Rings:
- 15 inches of 5/8 inch wide ribbon
- 15 inches of 1/8 inch wide ribbon
- 14 split rings that are 7 mm (approx. ¼ inch) wide
- Pattern markings on First Mate Vest A pattern pieces (can also be used if you are making B sized vest)
Skill Level: Intermediate
Download, Print & Sew!
Start your project immediately with this digital PDF pattern. It includes step-by-step instructions with full color pictures and full size pattern pieces. A PDF reader is required to view and print the file (e.g. Adobe Reader for Windows or Preview for Mac).
You will see a link to download your pattern as soon as your purchase is complete. You will also receive an email receipt for your purchase that will include the link to download the pattern.
KeLibu is not affiliated with American Girl®, Mattel®, Our Generation®, Battat®, Maplelea®, Maplelea Girls®, Avonlea Traditions Inc.®, Journey Girls®, Toys R Us®, With Heart and Soul®, Kidz N Cats®, Maru and Friends®, Maru & Friends® LLC, A Girl for All Time®, Daughters of History Ltd. or any doll/toy company.