This digital doll clothes pattern will let you sew stylish Mori Girl style flats for your A Girl for All Time® dolls.
If you see a girl that looks as though she is a fairy tale forest dweller who has just stepped out of an enchanted wood, chances are good you’ve spotted a Mori Girl. Born in Japan as a subculture, Mori Girl style embodies living in the moment and living in harmony with nature.
Mori (meaning forest) Girl style is all about natural fibres and colours from nature – creams, browns, greens and autumnal oranges, reds and yellows. The style also favours a lot of layering. These shoes can be used as a footwear for Mori Girl style, but also work as cute, everyday shoes!
These shoes coordinate with other KeLibu Mori Girl patterns:
- 8½ inch W by 4 inch H piece of lightweight leather, vinyl or felt*
- 3 inch by 3 inch piece of lightweight coordinating felt/fabric for the inner soles
- 3 inch by 3 inch piece of 2 mm foam OR cork for the outer soles
- 3 inch by 3 inch piece of chipboard or cardboard (a cereal box works great!) for the inner soles
- Optional – 2 inches of 1/8 inch wide ribbon if not using vinyl/leather for the bow detail
- Optional – 14 inches of 3/16 wide craft foam (2 mm) OR cork (thin) as trim for soles
- Leather/vinyl needle
- Matching thread
- Hand stitching needle
- Hot glue gun and/or craft glue
- Doll feet to use for fitting
- Gift wrap tape. I use Scotch Magic Tape.
- Optional: Mod Podge Matte or white glue if you are using cork for the soles
**Note: If you are making the dress as foundation layer for a Mori Girl outfit, choose earthy colour.
Skill Level: Intermediate
DOWNLOAD, PRINT & SEW!
Start your project immediately with this digital PDF pattern. It includes step-by-step instructions with full color pictures and full size pattern pieces. A PDF reader is required to view and print the file (e.g. Adobe Reader for Windows or Preview for Mac).
You will see a link to download your pattern as soon as your purchase is complete. You will also receive an email receipt for your purchase that will include the link to download the pattern.
KeLibu is not affiliated with American Girl®, Mattel®, Our Generation®, Battat®, Maplelea®, Maplelea Girls®, Avonlea Traditions Inc.®, Journey Girls®, Toys R Us®, With Heart and Soul®, Kidz N Cats®, Maru and Friends®, Maru & Friends® LLC, A Girl for All Time®, Daughters of History Ltd. or any doll/toy company.