This digital doll clothes pattern will let you sew a gorgeous winter outfit in the Mori Girl style for your 18 inch doll.
If you see a girl that looks as though she is a fairy tale forest dweller who has just stepped out of an enchanted wood, chances are good you’ve spotted a Mori Girl. Born in Japan as a subculture, Mori Girl style embodies living in the moment and living in harmony with nature.
Mori (meaning forest) Girl style is all about natural fibres and colours from nature – creams, browns, greens, greys and autumnal oranges, reds and yellows. The style also favours a lot of layering. With a long-sleeved Tunic, a Skirt and knee-high socks, this outfit is perfect for winter!
The QTπ Doll Clothing Sweater Mukluks are the perfect finishing touch for your Mori Girl Winter ensemble. They are easy to make and look so good with this outfit! Click the photo below for the pattern.
- ¼ yard medium weight knit with medium stretch such as French Terry, cotton interlock, knit blends, or sweater knit if it’s not too heavy for the Tunic and Tunic Lining. If you prefer, you can use stretch mesh or lace to line your Tunic to reduce bulk.
- 12 inch by 4 ½ inch piece of mesh, lace or cotton for the Tunic collar
- one sew-in snap or 3 inches x ¼ inch hook and loop tape
- 10 inches of lace or ribbon trim plus one 3/8 – ½ inch button for decorative detail at the neckline
- Optional – 10 ½ inches of elastic lace trim for the sleeves
- Optional – 22 inches of ¼ inch lace or ribbon trim for the hem of the Tunic
- Less than ¼ yard of cotton jersey knit or knit blends for the top & bottom tiers
- Less than ¼ yard of lace or mesh for the bottom outer tier. If you are able to find a lace or mesh that has built in ruffles, all the better!
- Optional – 30 inches of lace trim for the hem of the bottom outer tier if you lace/mesh does not have a decorative edge or has an edge that ravels
- 11 inches of 3/8 inch wide elastic
- 5 ½ by 8 inches inches of stretch fabric or stretch lace
- 8 inches of elastic lace trim
- Ballpoint or stretch sewing machine needle
- Matching thread
- Hand sewing needle
- Pinking shears or pinking rotary blade (optional but helpful)
- Bodkin or safety pin to thread elastic through waistband channel
Skill Level: Intermediate
Download, Print & Sew!
Start your project immediately with this digital PDF pattern. It includes step-by-step instructions with full color pictures and full size pattern pieces. A PDF reader is required to view and print the file (e.g. Adobe Reader for Windows or Preview for Mac).
You will see a link to download your pattern as soon as your purchase is complete. You will also receive an email receipt for your purchase that will include the link to download the pattern.
KeLibu is not affiliated with American Girl®, Mattel®, Our Generation®, Battat®, Maplelea®, Maplelea Girls®, Avonlea Traditions Inc.®, Journey Girls®, Toys R Us®, With Heart and Soul®, Kidz N Cats®, Maru and Friends®, Maru & Friends® LLC, A Girl for All Time®, Daughters of History Ltd. or any doll/toy company.