This PDF pattern will allow you to make a Steampunk Corset for your 18 inch dolls. This pattern is part of the KeLibu Steampunk Separates Collection and can be mixed and matched with other KeLibu Steampunk patterns. It is also part of the Steampunk Separates 2 Bundle.
Although corsets were traditionally worn as undergarments, in Steampunk fashion they become a statement piece worn on top of clothing. This pattern gives you two closure options – hook & eyes or mini clasps – and three options for lacing in the back – eyelets and washers, commercial corset loop tape and loop tape made from scratch. There are three sizes included in this pattern so it will fit dolls with a variety of measurements!
• Less than ¼ yard fashion fabric and ¼ yard lining fabric. Both fabrics should have a stable weave with little to no stretch. If you choose
a lighter weight outer fabric, choose a sturdy lining fabric such as twill or light-weight canvas, and vice versa.
• 5 sets of hook and eyes that are ½ inch/12.7mm long (See Notes About Supplies on pg. 6) Choose the round eye style, not the bar style
OR small clasps*
• 5 inches x 1 inch of interfacing
• 10 x ⅛ inch eyelets and washers OR
• 4 inches of corset loop tape OR
• 4 inches of ½ inch wide ribbon, 10 inches of ⅛ inch wide ribbon and double-sided tape
• 22-25 inches of thin ribbon or cord for lacing
• 23-26 inches of ½ inch wide single fold bias tape
• Matching thread
• Sharp or microtex needle (depending on fabric choice)
• Tailor’s chalk
• Hole punch or awl and eyelet setting tool (if using eyelets)
• Fray check or lighter
• Optional – ⅛ inch wide zip ties to use as boning
o 2 x 2½ inch pieces for center front
o 2 x 1¾ inch pieces for center back (if using loops/loop tape)
o 4 x 1¾ inch pieces for center back (if using eyelets/washers)
Skill Level: Intermediate
DOWNLOAD, PRINT & SEW!
Start your project immediately with this digital PDF pattern. It includes step-by-step instructions with full color pictures and full size pattern pieces. A PDF reader is required to view and print the file (e.g. Adobe Reader for Windows or Preview for Mac).
KeLibu is not affiliated with American Girl®, Mattel®, Our Generation®, Battat®, Maplelea®, Maplelea Girls®, Avonlea Traditions Inc.®, Journey Girls®, Toys R Us®, With Heart and Soul®, Kidz N Cats®, Maru and Friends®, Maru & Friends® LLC, A Girl for All Time®, Daughters of History Ltd. or any doll/toy company.
Check out the KeLibu YouTube channel for accessories to enhance your patterns: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOiAxhIWXNi4JfEkW-qH1Aw?sub_confirmation=1
What others are saying
There are no contributions yet.