This steampunk digital boot pattern will let you sew boots for your 18 inch doll. Designed to fit American Girl ® and Our Generation ® dolls, these boots coordinate with the Steampunk Inventor clothing pattern.
It is the Inventor who uses their talent and imagination to create the marvels of the steampunk world. Ceaseless tinkering, designing and occasionally blowing things up – the Inventor is a quintessential steampunk archetype.
The steampunk movement is built on Victorian science fiction. As such, steampunk fashion uses the Victorian and Edwardian eras as a basis and builds from there. One steampunk blogger advised “dress Victorian and then add”. It’s the additions – gears and gadgets – that make steampunk so fun. This pattern shows you how to make Steampunk Boots for your doll.
Check out the KeLibu Steampunk Inventor bundle as a compliment to your Steampunk Inventor boots!
- 11 inch by 7 ½ inch piece of lightweight vinyl or leather
- 1 ½ inch by 3 ½ inch piece of contrast/complementary vinyl or lightweight leather
- 3 inch by 5 ½ inch piece of vinyl or lightweight leather in a second contrasting/complementary color
- 3 ½ inch by 3 ½ inch piece of lightweight fabric for the sole lining – cotton or blends
- 10 x 3/16 inch wide brads
- 4 x 5/16 inch wide brads
- 7 inches of twill tape or ribbon (Optional)
- Two buckles 7/16 inches wide (Optional) (If your buckles are wider or narrower than this, you will have to adjust the width of the Optional Strap)
- Piece of 3 ¾ inch long by ½ inch wide piece of hook tape and 3 ¾ inch long by 3/8 inch wide loop tape
- 3 ½ inch by 3 ½ inch piece of 6 mm foam for the outer soles*
- 3 ½ inch by 3 ½ inch piece of chipboard or cardboard (a cereal box works great!) for the inner soles*
- 18 inches 3/8 inch trim or 2 mm foam as trim for boot soles
- Leather or vinyl needle
- Matching thread
- Pencil, tailor’s chalk, FriXion pen or similar for marking
- Hot glue gun and/or craft glue
*A Note About Soles: The sole shape in this pattern is compatible with the Craft Chameleon (Punch Place Plus) die and their acrylic soles. This sole shape was designed by Jamie Omahen and use was granted to KeLibu. You may also choose to cut your own sole.
Skill Level: Intermediate
Download, Print & Sew!
Start your project immediately with this digital PDF pattern. It includes step-by-step instructions with full color pictures and full size pattern pieces. A PDF reader is required to view and print the file (e.g. Adobe Reader for Windows or Preview for Mac).
You will see a link to download your pattern as soon as your purchase is complete. You will also receive an email receipt for your purchase that will include the link to download the pattern.
KeLibu is not affiliated with American Girl®, Mattel®, Our Generation®, Battat®, Maplelea®, Maplelea Girls®, Avonlea Traditions Inc.®, Journey Girls®, Toys R Us®, With Heart and Soul®, Kidz N Cats®, Maru and Friends®, Maru & Friends® LLC, A Girl for All Time®, Daughters of History Ltd. or any doll/toy company.