It’s time to put our wings together! Welcome to Part 3 of the Steampunk Wing series. In this video, we will be assembling all the pieces we prepared in the first two videos. You will notice that this video has a somewhat quicker pace than my previous videos. I recently received some great advice from a friend and fellow maker, Ben Eadie, on editing tutorial videos. Ben has some great tips, tricks and ideas for costuming that you can use and adapt when you make things for dolls. Check out the link to his channel below.
I have outlined all the products and tools you will need for this portion of the project below.
In order to access the FREE pattern, you need to be signed up for the KeLibu newsletter. If you are not signed up, you can do so by clicking on this link: https://kelibudesign.com/newsletter/.
Products and Tools needed for Part 3
- Wing pieces
- Body and Body Detail pieces
- 4 x 4mm post and cap bronze rivets https://amzn.to/2Ls32xU
- 6 x 6-8 mm rivets https://amzn.to/2HNeHEh
- 7 mini brads https://amzn.to/2CBrztu
- 3 x 5 mm iron on studs https://amzn.to/2NzOZnw
- 4 metallic pony beads https://amzn.to/2Jmwsek
- 4 seed beads size 6/0 https://amzn.to/2Y5J4L0
- Gold coloured 18g wire (I found some at the dollar store) or https://amzn.to/2VWMqCN
- Small D-ring with hasp in silver https://amzn.to/2WvGkGb or bronze (the ones I used in the video) https://etsy.me/2Yf2Bc6
- 1 x ⅛” dowel https://amzn.to/2WAMmpn
- 1 x 3/16” dowel https://amzn.to/2VNXL7P
- waxed cotton cord (or similar) https://amzn.to/2Luyfk3
- 2 round beads that are larger than your pinch bails
- Super glue https://amzn.to/2WiH5BT
- Contact Cement https://amzn.to/2MvdeGx
- Chalk pen https://amzn.to/2UzrHkh
- utility knife
- Sanding block https://amzn.to/2Yr1gzD or sandpaper
- wire cutters
- awl https://amzn.to/2SK9we8
Check out B.S. (Build Stuff) with Ben https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNGRCuZqavcbw3nd583VoQw
Subscribe to the KeLibu newsletter: https://kelibudesign.com/newsletter/
QUESTION — Have a question about KeLibu Patterns, this video, or Anything Else? Post in comments section of this video!
Subscribe to KeLibu Design here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOiAxhIWXNi4JfEkW-qH1Aw?sub_confirmation=1
KeLibu on Social Media:
Music credits: Happy Life and Cinematic Light by AShamaluevMusic https://www.ashamaluevmusic.com
DISCLAIMER: This video and description contains affiliate links, which means that if you click on one of the product links, I’ll receive a small commission. This helps support the channel and allows me to continue to make videos like this and new patterns. Thank you for the support!