The Steampunk Flight Suit patterns for 18-inch dolls are finally available! The A Girl for All Time® versions will be out soon. Today, I’m going to show you how add a little extra steampunk flair to the Aviator Hat.
I apologize in advance…I have been fighting a bad head cold so I sound very stuffed up on the video and at times, my voice goes in and out a bit. I wanted to make sure I got this out to you guys today though!
The steampunk detail pattern pieces you will need for this project are available free to my newsletter subscribers. If you’re not already subscribed, you can click on the link below and get signed up.
Products and Tools needed for this project:
- Aviator Hat Pattern
- 2mm craft foam
- Leather punches and a hammer https://amzn.to/2F9GMUg OR
- Mini high temp glue gun and glue https://amzn.to/2Ckb2tR OR
- 24 x 5 mm iron on studs https://amzn.to/2NzOZnw
- Silicone mat https://amzn.to/2XVdkJf
- Chalk pen https://amzn.to/2UzrHkh
- 1/8 inch hole punch (to punch pattern pieces)
- Loctite Super Glue Gel https://amzn.to/2BXjLSR
- black acrylic craft paint
- Rub N Buff metallic wax https://amzn.to/2Su7ef3
I learned the hot glue rivet making method courtesy of Ben Eadie. You should check out his video here for a more comprehensive look at how to do this. He has a great channel with lots of costume making tips that can be applied to doll sized costumes as well.
QUESTION — Have a question about KeLibu Patterns, this video, or Anything Else? Post in comments section of this video!
Subscribe to KeLibu Design here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOiAxhIWXNi4JfEkW-qH1Aw?sub_confirmation=1
KeLibu on Social Media:
Music credits: Happy Life by AShamaluevMusic https://www.ashamaluevmusic.com
DISCLAIMER: This video and description contains affiliate links, which means that if you click on one of the product links, I’ll receive a small commission. This helps support the channel and allows me to continue to make videos like this and new patterns. Thank you for the support!