Every time a flower seed sprouts, a flower fairy is born! If you are quiet and still, you may be lucky enough to spot one of these beautiful fairies in the gloaming of twilight or the breaking of the dawn.
Flower fairies dress in leaves and petals that mimic the flowers they live in and watch over. These leaf-adorned shoes help to capture the spirt of these alluring creatures.
Check out the KeLibu Flower Fairy Dress and Whimsical Wings at Pixie Faire to complete your outfit:
- 20 inch by 5 inch piece of synthetic fabric such as taffeta or satin
- 3 ½ inch by 3 ½ inch piece of felt
- 3 ½ inch by 3 ½ inch piece of 2 mm foam OR cork for the outer soles*
- 3 ½ inch by 3 ½ inch piece of chipboard or cardboard (a cereal box works great!) for the inner soles
- 18 inches of ¼ inch trim, 2 mm foam OR 2 mm cork as trim for boot soles
- Universal or Microtex needle
- Matching thread
- Hot glue gun and/or craft glue
- Doll feet to use for fitting
- Gift wrap tape. I use Scotch Magic Tape.
- Optional: Mod Podge Matte or white glue if you are using cork for the soles
*A Note About Soles: Sole Style #2 in this pattern is compatible with the Craft Chameleon(formerly Punch Place Plus) die and their acrylic soles. This sole shape was designed by Jamie Omahen and use was granted to KeLibu. You may also choose to cut your own sole.
Skill Level: Intermediate
Download, Print & Sew!
Start your project immediately with this digital PDF pattern. It includes step-by-step instructions with full color pictures and full size pattern pieces. A PDF reader is required to view and print the file (e.g. Adobe Reader for Windows or Preview for Mac).
You will see a link to download your pattern as soon as your purchase is complete. You will also receive an email receipt for your purchase that will include the link to download the pattern.
KeLibu™ is not affiliated with American Girl®, Mattel®, Our Generation®, Battat®, Maplelea®, Maplelea Girls®, Avonlea Traditions Inc.®, With Heart and Soul®, Kidz N Cats®, Maru and Friends®, Maru & Friends® LLC, A Girl for All Time®, Daughters of History Ltd. or any doll/toy company or any doll/toy company.