This digital sewing pattern will let you sew a steampunk Waist cincher for your 18 inch doll.
The steampunk movement is built on Victorian science fiction and fashion. As such, steampunk fashion uses the Victorian and Edwardian eras as a basis and builds from there. No steampunk outfit would be complete without some fashionable accessories. Using this pattern, you can make a Waist Cincher to dress up any steampunk outfit! Looks great with modern outfits too.
Part of the Steampunk Separates collection, this cincher can be mixed and matched with other KeLibu Steampunk patterns.
- 7 5/8 inch by 7 inch piece of light weight leather or vinyl with some give (If your vinyl or leather doesn’t stretch at least a tiny bit, it won’t work well for this project)
- 3 x 5/8 inch jump rings
- 5 x 1/8 inch wide brads
- Glue such as Craft Goop
- 1 inch by 3/8 inch pieces of hook and loop tape* OR
- 2 x 5 mm sew-in snaps* and a 1 inch long piece of ¼ inch wide ribbon
- Trim and embellishments (optional)
- ¼ to ½ inch wide ribbon (optional – used to cover up brad prongs on the inside of the Waist Cincher)
*You can use either hook and loop tape or sew-in snaps as the closure for the cincher. The sew-in snaps make a sturdier closure.
Skill Level: Confident Beginner
Download, Print & Sew!
Start your project immediately with this digital PDF pattern. It includes step-by-step instructions with full color pictures and full size pattern pieces. A PDF reader is required to view and print the file (e.g. Adobe Reader for Windows or Preview for Mac).
You will see a link to download your pattern as soon as your purchase is complete. You will also receive an email receipt for your purchase that will include the link to download the pattern.
KeLibu is not affiliated with American Girl®, Mattel®, Our Generation®, Battat®, Maplelea®, Maplelea Girls®, Avonlea Traditions Inc.®, Journey Girls®, Toys R Us®, With Heart and Soul®, Kidz N Cats®, Maru and Friends®, Maru & Friends® LLC, A Girl for All Time®, Daughters of History Ltd. or any doll/toy company.